Why I’m interested in the slow carb diet:
- It’s simple, easy-to-adhere-to diet. Especially good for people who’ve already tried other diets and either haven’t achieved the results they wanted, or only did so temporarily before regaining their weight.
- Don’t drink calories.
YES: Water, black coffee, tea
NO: Juice, Smoothies, Shakes, etc
- Don’t eat anything white.
NO: Starches, oatmeal, rice, bread, etc
- Eat 30g of protein within 30 minutes of waking up (apparently this helps reduce hunger and cravings later in the day)
- Beans and lentils are good (because they add a lot of fiber and reduce appetite)
- Vegetables are good
- Proteins are good
- No fruits, or fructose, or anything else that contains hidden sugars (honey, etc)
- Plan out meals for 2 weeks in advance
- Take 1 day off per week, and go totally crazy. Anything goes. You can eat multiple pizzas, pines of ice cream, etc
Or here’s a visual version from Tim Ferriss’ 1-pager:
What I like about this is really the simplicity. You can watch this segment from the Huberman podcast from June 2023.